We are recruiting a private equity investment analyst
26 April 2021
Connection Capital is a lower mid-market private equity firm focused on investing into dynamic, growing UK SMEs. CC funds its investments through a network of 1,300 high net worth individuals worth approximately £15bn in aggregate, allowing it to provide some of the most flexible capital available to UK SMEs.
Working with one of the most active lower mid-market private equity firms in the UK, you will form part of the deal team and be a key participant in all aspects of a deal doing from initial investment assessments and structuring through to supporting across all aspects of transactions. Thereafter you will remain involved with portfolio businesses on an ad-hoc basis such that you can develop a broad understanding of the full private equity investment lifecycle.
This a full-time role working in Connection Capital’s Private Equity & Private Debt (“SME Investment”) Team. It is an opportunity to become a key member of the SME Investment team, to develop skills, knowledge and an understanding of SME businesses operating in leveraged environments, within a growing firm.
Day to day you will report into one of the team’s Investment Directors and you will also work alongside the Partners in the team.
- Support and participate in the review and execution of private equity and private debt investment opportunities
- Assist in the evaluation, structuring and negotiation of investment opportunities
- Contribute to the preparation of investment papersTransaction project management
- Ad-hoc portfolio work as required
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a professional organisation having gained exposure to corporate transactions either via financial due diligence or corporate finance
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of private equity, M&A and business fundamentals
- Genuine interest in UK SME investing
- A team player with a good level of maturity, able to take ownership of work and meet deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point capabilities
- Educated to degree level
- Hands on private equity and private debt investing within one of the most active UK lower-mid market investors
- Working in a small, but experienced team your input will provide critical input to our deal appraisal and decision making on which investments we make
- Access to and the opportunity to build your own network within the private equity industry
- Exposure to a wide range of business and entrepreneurs
- Daily contact and interaction with senior team members
Location of role:
Based in London
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter to Mark Snaith. A shortlist of successful candidates who match our criteria will be asked in for an interview. Please apply as soon as possible.
No recruiters please.