We are hiring for a new role!
30 March 2021
Alternative Funds Investment Professional: Job Specification
This is a newly created full-time role supporting the Head of Funds and the Managing Partner. This is an opportunity to be a key member of the investment team and to develop skills and knowledge in the area of alternative asset fund investments, within a growing asset management firm.
Role and Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Maintain existing fund portfolio performance data: arrange update calls with fund managers; ongoing portfolio monitoring; assistance in the preparation of Fund Investment Reviews.
- Assist in preparation of investment documentation for presentation to Investment Committee for new investment opportunities. This will include cash flow modelling.
- Maintain fund database and analysis of fund strategies monitored as potential future investments.
- Assist in all areas of fund administration and due diligence including procedural checks pre-completion and ongoing monitoring.
- Working closely with the Head of Funds to assist in the identification of key alternative asset fund strategies. These will be aligned with Connection Capital’s client investment objectives and arise through building on existing fund manager relationships and the creation of new investment opportunities and relationships.
- Develop relationships with existing contacts and new 3rd party fund placement agent and other fund investment professional contacts to cultivate new investment strategies and GP relationships in order to source new fund products for CC clients.
- Develop potential co-investment opportunities by deepening relationships within the alternatives fund investment community.
- Keep up-to-date with market and macro trends/changes in the fund sector and general capital markets and proactively make suggestions for improvements and progression to fund investments.
- Any other ad hoc administrative duties required in the process of fund investments.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Educated to degree level and have previous relevant experience within the financial services industry and specifically within the field of alternative fund investments (ideally at least two years).
- Analytical skills and investment expertise over a wide range of investment products. Display a high level of knowledge and understanding about different securities and financial products and how they support investor goals.
- Strong IT skills: the role will involve Excel based cash flow financial modelling and analysis. Candidate should be proficient with the use of PowerPoint and other standard IT skills for a role of this type.
- Networking skills: in this role the candidate will need to build their professional network so they should be excellent relationship-builders and feel comfortable with networking to stay informed about industry trends. The candidate will be required to nurture existing relationships and build new ones.
- Documentation skills: this role will involve the preparation of financial documents, such as investment proposals and performance reports, so the candidate must be able to craft and edit these documents while ensuring relevance and accuracy.
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication are both essential in this position. The candidate may at times be required to communicate directly with clients and other financial services professionals.
To be discussed depending on experience.
Based in London
Applying and more information
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover email to Lorna Robertson, Head of Funds.
No recruiters please.